The integrated freight data collection survey is ongoing from April to September, 2019. We sincerely invite you to help improve our research knowledge and city logistics by participating into the survey.
In the survey, we will ask you several questions related to your business. We will then invite you to:
- (1) track 10 of your outgoing shipments by simply attaching GPS devices to be provided by MIT to your shipments;
- (2) track 1 to 5 of the associated shipment-carrying vehicles belonging to your business for 7 consecutive days with tablets to be provided by MIT.
At the end of the survey, we will offer you $200 and the tablets as our appreciations for your participation. In addition, on your personalized webpage designed by MIT, you will be able to view the traces and activities of your shipments and vehicles in real time as well as statistical summaries and evaluations of logistics performances.
You are our target participant if you satisfy any of the following criteria:
- A) you represent a business establishment sending out shipments with self-owned fleet,
- B) you hire a separate carrier and could engage the carrier to participate along with you, or
- C) you are a freight-carrier but engage the establishments you work for to participate along with you.
If you are interested in participation, we would invite you to fill out this intent form: https://forms.gle/AjXj87dwskjXEzXs6, and we will then reach out to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments about the survey.
All information collected will remain confidential. In any report that might be published, we de-identify user information to protect your privacy. Review our privacy document here: